veggie rules

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Will Our Baby's 1st Words Be Moooo?

You probably have already heard by now that scientists in China believe that they have successfully introduced human genes into dairy cows to produce milk with the same properties as human breast milk.

Actually do I even need to write anymore?  If you didn't know already (or even when you first read about it) what is going through your mind when you read the above? 


I can't even begin to describe what I think about cows producing milk that mimics human breast milk….and before you ask, yes I do have dairy produce mainly in the form of cheese and yogurt (not that much, but I do). 

What does concern me is that this is just another "scientific breakthrough" that messes around with the food we eat.  I am opposed to GM and all forms of food alteration and chemical additives.  I believe there is plenty of food, that we can raise sustainable food, that we should stop pandering to the multi-billion dollar industries, the fast food industry and the scientific community who continue to experiment and "develop" things that are going to have huge impact on generations to come.

I believe it's time to take a stand regardless if you are vegetarian, vegan, meat eater or have any other food preferences.

I'm not even going to say anything about the welfare of these "lab" animals.

There…..I've said it!  I'm usually not a vocal protester…I tend to just "do my bit" and only discuss things if asked……but cows and breast milk….it's just not right!  

The Vegetarian Center

I'd be really interested to know your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

veggie rules