veggie rules

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Real Vegetarian Me

It's now confession time.  Something has been weighing on my mind for quite some time now and I feel it's time to " 'fess up".

When I made the decision to create The Vegetarian Center website a few years ago, I had no idea that it would become a real platform (especially the blog) for me to express my views.

I was advised to use a nom de plume - (defined as: an assumed name used by a writer instead of their real name; a pen-name.), the reason being that, because it was the internet, it would keep my private life separate.  It made sense back then.



But the more I've gone along, the more I feel the need to take ownership of my opinions, my writing and the creation of my website and blog.  I am proud of what my lifestyle is.  I am proud of my feelings and opinions and I no longer wish to hide behind a made-up name.

So Jane Hartwood has left the building.  And I am happy to introduce the real me: Fee O'Shea. 

Everything that I have written has always come from Fee's heart, from Fee's intellect and from Fee's point of view.

It's only been Jane's name that has been tacked onto the end of writing or correspondence.  All other identity such as children and where I live (New Zealand) is perfectly correct and true to the life of Fee.

Here's to the demise of "Jane", the cork has popped for Fee and it feels so right.  I'm hoping that those who know "Jane" will understand and support my decision to reveal the real me.

And to make it totally official - here's the real me in my kitchen cooking up some gorgeous vegetarian meal ....

Happy Eating
Fee
website:
  www.thevegetariancenter.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

veggie rules